Leeks! Beautiful Leeks! Make a delicious simple potato leek soup!
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons – grapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- 1 onion or a handful of green onions – chopped
- 2-3 leeks (depending on size) – chopped
- 3-4 potatoes – peeled and sliced
- 2 and 1/2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt & white pepper to taste
- whole milk or half and half
Start by heating oil in your soup pot. Add the garlic, onion and leeks. Heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent. Add the potatoes, broth, thyme and salt and white pepper. Simmer for about an hour. Use a potato masher to blend potatoes into soup. If you prefer a smoother consistency, use a handheld immersion blender. Add milk or half and half. Simmer for 15 more minutes. Taste to adjust seasoning if necessary.
Enjoy your yummy potato leek soup!